Gender equality investing is an investment strategy which, as according to The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN):
1) Seeks to intentionally and measurably address gender disparities and/or
2) Examines gender dynamics to better inform investment decisions.
Gender equality data of companies is traditionally limited to the number of female-identified board members. However, Equileap has created an enhanced gender report card which includes 19 criteria in the following categories:
- Gender balance in leadership and workforce
- Equal compensation and work life balance
- Policies promoting gender equality
- Commitment, transparency & accountability
- Alarm bells.
The Equileap Gender Score of mutual and exchange traded funds can be found on Gender Equality Funds.
Gender Lens Funds
In recent years, several gender equality investing focused funds have been created. Examples of gender lens funds include:
- Pax Ellevate Global Women’s Leadership Fund (ticker PXWIX)
- SPDR SSGA Gender Diversity Index ETF (SHE)
- Lyxor Global Gender Equality (DR) UCITS ETF – C-USD (ELLE.L)
gender equality ROBO-ADVISORS
Newday Impact offers a Nia Global Solutions portfolio. This portfolio is managed by Nia Impact Capital, a certified B Corporation investment advisor. Nia Impact Capital is woman-led and applies a gender lens across their investment decision-making process.
Sustainable Development Goals
Photo by Alice Donovan Rouse